Tuesday 28 February 2012

an inspiration

Hello, I heard today that Richard Carpenter died on Sunday. I would just like to say thank you for his life and his works, he was such an inspiration. He wrote many TV series for HTV, including Catweazle, Dick Turpin and Robin of Sherwood. I have some of his books, replacements some of them, because the original ones i had fell apart through lots of reading! So I raise a glass to Richard Carpenter, without whom my childhood would have been very dull!
Dick Turpin, classic, Robin of Sherwood, well to say that was a big part of my growing up would be an understatement, because of that I spent most of my early teen years, held by the branches of a Yew tree in the garden, looking out over the forest for the Sheriff of Nottinghams men, and thinking up new adventures for Robin and the others, and of course I always had a very important part to play in the story! methinks that DVDs will be watched over the next few days in honour of this fabulous man.

Thank you for the stories Richard Carpenter, may you rest in peace

No comments:

Post a Comment